Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The dawn of gaming


The year was about 1978 and was introduced to this classic game called Pong, I got one as a gift and i thought it was the best thing in the world. To think that i actually used to lose playing this, My reflexes were the equivalent of molasses, I'd like to say we were a generation of slow starters. This opened up a whole new world to me, i knew this was not the end but the beginning.
And then came.. Atari.After I've seen an ad for the Atari 2600 i went completely nuts. I begged my parents till no end, My father gave in and bought one for us for Christmas. I couldn't think of anything better than this. In my opinion Atari had opened up the floodgates to my gaming history.



I loved arcade games, Even though i now think i might have been too young to frequent game rooms, that's what i loved to do.I've been to every arcade in New York city and i damn played in every one of them. even after the main consoles hit the scene (nes, snes, genesis) and so forth, I still played arcade machines. everything kind of died down about 2001- 2002. almost every arcade closed down, The market became flooded with consoles and games which contributed to it's downfall. it's a sad thing, I had scores of fun while it lasted and it lasted a long time, Every time i see an arcade machine somewhere in some corner of a pizzeria or a store, I still to this day stop and play.

No comments: